Many people, especially architect students, wanted to be a famous architect maybe as an architect manager. However, before they can realize that dream, they must face one challenge, which is creating and realizing great designs. It cannot be done instantly because they need to begin with small things and move forward to next steps; make something bigger and bigger. Just like an artist, architect must be able to create, find and show their own identity and styles. There is an easy way that can be used as a start, which is joining reputable big company. There, they must learn how to work professionally by filling client requirements. If they feel that they cannot establish their talent or cannot go further, moving to a bigger company would be the solution.
If you are thinking about to be an architect manager, the first step you need to prepare is writing a good cover letter. This is the real test for you because it will show to the employer your professionalism. Do not think about interview if you cannot pass the first chapter, which is giving impression to the employer with your cover letter. Your cover letter shows to the hiring committee that you are well skilled and qualified for the managerial position.
Architect manager cover letter should contain lots of important information, including qualification, technical knowledge, professional experience and many more. You have to remember that all architectural jobs are so competitive these days because many architects are targeting high position. If you are targeting the post in managerial, you have to spell out all experiences you have in detail why the company has to choose you amongst other applicants.
The structure of the architect manager cover letter should come in detail and easy to understand. The basic format should be:
- Introduction contains the job reference and position title
- In the 1st paragraph you need to mention relevant experiences and also your qualification. You must include all essential skills.
- The technical skills you have mastered, including relevant certificates.
- In the paragraph 2, you need to show off your value by mentioning the achievements you have ever made. It is also important to write that you can work with a team and under pressure.
- In the paragraph 3, you need to describe the reasons why you want to be an architect manager from the career and motivational perspectives.